Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Dept. of Civil Engineering, Aliah University, New Town Campus, IIA/27 New Town, Kolkata-700160, India (Left Block, 1st Floor)
Room No : Faculty room of Civil Engg
Joined : January, 2016
1. Ph. D (Pursuing)
2. Master of Technology in Civil Engineering (Specialization: Transportation Engineering) | Indian Institute of Technology; Guwahati; India |
3. | Bachelor of Engineering | Jadavpur University; Kolkata; India
Department of Civil Engineering, Aliah University, Kolkata January 2016- till date.
Department of Civil Engineering, Jalpaiguri Govt. Engineering College, September 2014- January 2016.
Department of Civil Engineering, Nuzvid Campus, Rajiv Gandhi University Knowledge of Technologies (State Govt of Andhra Pradesh), July 2012 - September 2014.
Graduate Engineer Trainee, Shapoorji Pallonji &Co. Ltd (Chennai Region), October 2009-June2010.
A. Aliah University (January, 2016-to till date):
1. Transportation engineering-I (CE 303) 2.Transportation Engineering-II (CE 306) 3. Pavement Design (CE 614) 4.Construction Material , Technology and services (CE 302) 5. Transportation Engineering Laboratory (CE 394).
B. Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg. College (September 2014- January 2016):
1. Highway and Transportation Engineering (CE601) 2. Advance Transportation Engineering-II (CE 702) 3. Concrete technology 4. Transportation Engineering Lab (CE691)
C. Rajiv Gandhi University Knowledge of Technologies-AP, Nuzvid Campus (July 2012 - September 2014):
1. Soil mechanics 2. Surveying 3.Foundation Engineering 4. Transportation Engineering Lab
Recycled Pavement material, Mix design of asphalt mix and sustainable material in Pavement.
1. Abhijit Mondal, G.D. Ransinchung R.N., “Cold Recycling Technology for Sustainable Road Construction: A Review”, International Conference on " Environmental Degradation: Key Challenge to Sustainable Development" - 22-24 November, 2019, The Institution of Engineers (India), Telangana State Centre, Khairatabad, Hyderabad - 500 004.
2. Abhijit Mondal, Mohsin Jamal and Rejoan Hossain Mondal “Warm mix asphalt technology: An energy saving technique in road construction industry” Proceedings on National Conference on advancement in Civil Engineering practice and research, ISBN No. 9789386724687, HIT, Halidia-W.B. 2018 pp 3-5 (awarded best paper).
3. Abhijit Mondal, G.D. Ransinchung R.N., “Moving towards balanced mix design for cold recycled bituminous mixes: A review” Second ASCE India Conference on “Challenges of Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Emerging Economies” (CRSIDE2020) March 2-4, 2020.
4. Kamrul Alam, Abhijit Mondal, Amit Shiuly, “Prediction of CBR Value of Fine-grained Soil of West Bengal region by Linear regression analysis” International Conference on Energy and Sustainable Develeopment Jointly organized by Jadavpur University and The Institution of Engineers, India February 14-15, 2020.
1. Kamrul Alam, Abhijit Mondal, Amit Shiuly, “Prediction of CBR value of fine grained soils of bengal basin by genetic expression programming, artificial neural network and krigging method”, Journal of the Geological Society Of India, Vol.95, February 2020, pp.190-196. DOI: 10.1007/s12594-020-1409-0 (Springer) (SCI indexed, Impact factor=0.994)
2. Rajan Choudhary, Abhijit Mondal and Harshad S Kaulgud. “Use of Cold Mixes for Rural Road Construction”. IJCA Proceedings on International Conference on Emerging Frontiers in Technology for Rural Area (EFITRA-2012) EFITRA(4):21-25, April 2012. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, 244 5th Avenue, # 1526, NY 10001, USA
1. “Green Approach to rural road construction” on 17 th July, 2015 at North Bengal Local centre, The Institution of Engineers (India).
2. “Modern trends in Civil Engineering” on 26th August, 2017, Society of Civil Engineers, Jadavpur University.
3. ‘Three Days Refresher Course’ from 17th-19th April, 2018 organized by the Department of Civil Engineering, Siliguri Institute of Technology, West Bengal.
1. Associate Member of The Institution of Engineers (India) (AM1560460)
2. Member of Society of Civil Engineers, Jadavpur University.
1. Attended UGC Sponsored Refresher course “Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies” 2nd January to 21 st January, 2017 organized by Dept of Architecture, Jadavpur University.
2. “Innovative Technologies in Transportation Engineering (ITTE 2015)” 23 rd February-27 th Februray, 2015 organised by Dept of Civil Engineering, IIT Guwahati.
3. Participated in a two week ISTE STTP on “Introduction to Structural Engineering” 30 th November, 2015 to 9 th January, 2016 conducted by IIT Kharagpur.
4. Participated in a faculty orientation programme on “Institutional Improvement” 01-04-2015 to 10-04-2015 organized by National Institute of Technical Teacher’s Training and Research, Kolkata.
5. Attended 7 day faculty development programme on “Research Methodology” 12th July to 20th July 2016 organised by Aliah University.
6. Attended UGC Sponsored Refresher course “Recent advances in Civil Engineering” 2nd January to 24th January, 2018 organized by Dept of Civil Engineering, Jadavpur University.
7. Attended MHRD sponsored one-week GIAN course on “Road safety first: Effective approaches, practices to attain vision zero” September 30 – October 04, 2019 organized by Dept of Civil Engineering, IIT Roorkee.
Pavement material testing for PWD Jalpaiguri Subdivision.
Bituminous mix design for Siliguri Highway Sub-Division.
Quality checking of constructed road under Siliguri-Jalpaiguri Development Authority
Aggregate and bitumen quality checking under Siliguri-Jalpaiguri Development Authority
Road material testing for Mal Panchayat Samity, P.O Mal, Dt. Jalpaiguri
North Bengal Development Department, Hill Cart Road Siligur
Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd., Alipurduar
1. Hostel Superintendent of Ladies Hostel of Jalpaiguri Govt. Engineering College (July 2015-December 2015).
2. Member of a committee constituted to assess constructional defects and repair work of Aliah University, office order memo no. AU/REG/0826/18 dated 14-08-2018.
3. Member for a committee of e-corner/e-lounges & ATM centres of Aliah University, office order memo No. AU/REG/0467/17 dated 17-05-2018.
4. Member for a purchase committee for dept. of Civil Engineering of Aliah University, office order memo No. AU/REG/0530/18 dated 29-05-2018.
5. Member of a canteen committee of Aliah University, office order memo no. AU/REG/41/16-17 dated 09-01-2017.