Email : email@example.com
Address : Left Block, 7th floor, Aliah University, IIA/27, Action Area II, New town, Kolkata-700160.
Phone : 8584853828
Joined : 6/04/2016
Dr. Kaushik Kundu is a passionate teacher and researcher in the field of business management. After having a short stint with industry he is in teaching for the last thirteen years. Outside his profession, Dr. Kundu is a wildlife photographer and trekker. He has also written a number of travel logs in Bengali and English.
Kaushik Kundu has graduated from University of Calcutta with honours in physics. He has completed his MBA from Jadavpur University with specialisation in Human Resource Management.
Kaushik Kundu has been admitted to the doctoral degree (PhD) for his thesis titled “Culture, Climate - A Comparative Study among Organizations in the perspective of Regional Culture” from University of Calcutta.
Professionally, Kaushik Kundu was attached to the Department of Management & Social Science of Haldia Institute of Technology since 2004. He joined there as a lecturer and was finally promoted to associate professor in 2013.
Kaushik Kundu joined Aliah University as an associate professor in April, 2016. Presently, he is working as professor at the Department of Management & Business Administration, Aliah University.
Kaushik Kundu has an industry experience of four years in benchmarked industries like Favourite India Pvt. Ltd.
Human Resource Management
In his long career Kaushik Kundu has taken number of courses in the different universities of the country. However, his most frequently taught courses include
1. Organisational Behaviour,
2. Organizational Development,
3. Human Resource Development,
4. Interpersonal Behaviour etc.
Apart from those he has also taken courses like Consumer Behaviour, Research Methodology etc.
Core research areas of Kaushik Kundu are Organisational Climate, Organisational Culture. Apart from those, his other research areas include rural marketing in developing economies, marketing for poor consumers, organisational commitment etc.
Kaushik Kundu has an industry experience of 4 years and academic experience of 13 years at the graduate and post graduate level.
Kaushik Kundu has around twenty publications in reputed international and national journals that include titles like AMS Review, Journal of Rural Study, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vikalpa, etc.
Kaushik Kundu has authored two books.
1.Human Resource Management (ISBN: 978-81-921653-1-8)
2. Production & Operations Management (ISBN: 978-81-921653-2-5)
Both the books have been published by Aryan Publisher, Kolkata
He has authored seven book chapters in edited volumes.
1. A study in the role of sustainable development approach in the prevention and mitigation of disaster: a holistic approach, Strategic Resource Management and Sustainable Development, Shree Publication, New Delhi, 2009
2. Microfinance and Role of Societal Culture – A Combined Effect on Women Empowerment in India, Microfinance & Financial Inclusion in Developing Economies SPS Publication, Kolkata, 2012
3. Perspectives of green marketing in India and the awareness among the stakeholders: A study, Emerging Marketing Paradigms Excel Publication, New Delhi, 2012
4. Analysis of Capability- Maturity Model as a Process and its Application in the Human Resource Management of Manufacturing Industries, Contemporary Technological, Social and Management Issues – Theoretical and Conceptual Perspectives SPS Publication, Kolkata, 2013
5. Emerging Trends of Green Marketing in India in the Context of Global Scenario, Integrated Environmental Pollution Control Framework and Strategies: A Collection of Essays and cases
University of Calcutta, Kolkata, 2013
6. Analysis of human resource in India over last three decades in the perspective of society, inequality and poverty, Strategic Business Infrastructure Development and Contemporary Issues in Finance IGI Global, Dallas, 2014
7. Human Development in India: an Analytical Study in the Perspective of a Developing Economy, Business of being in Business: New Perspectives Excel Books, New Delhi, 2014
No. of registered candidates: 05
No. of candidates awarded: 01
1. Invited Lecture on Effective Leadership Quality at Modern India Concast Ltd., Haldia.
2. Invited Lecture on Total Quality Management at Institute of Engineers, Kolkata Chapter.
3. Invited Lecture on Motivating Post Graduation Students for Research at The Symposiaum on Higher Education.
Kaushik Kundu has participated around twenty international and national conferences which include Benaras Hindu University, IIM Calcutta, IIM Shillong etc.
Chaired sessions in different seminers and conferences which include Marcon 2016 at IIM, Calcutta.
Kaushik Kundu acted as coslutant several industries and public enterprises such as
1. Modern India Concust Ltd.
2. New Town Develomnet Authority
3. Government of West Bengal