Information and instructions for admission to Ph.D. Programmes 2016-2017
- Appearance of name in the list does not guarantee the admission to the Ph.D. Programmes and is subject to verification of all original testimonials. The name of an applicant will be dropped from the list in case of any discrepancy.
- The list of candidates for admission to the PhD Programmes 2016 is provisional.
- Candidates are to take admission in fulltime basis. There is no provision for part-time research.
- Only fulltime employees of any academic institute can enroll in PhD Programme as part-time scholar. In such case, candidate is to provide a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (in original) from their present employer
- At the time of admission, the following documents are to be produced in original:
- The offer letter
- Proof of date of birth
- All mark sheets and certificates in support of qualifications
- Registration certificate (Applicant from Aliah University)
- Migration Certificate for candidates from university other than Aliah University is to be submitted within one month from the date of admission. Otherwise, admission will automatically be cancelled.
- NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (in original) for employed candidates from their present employer
- Passport size coloured photograph (2 copies)
In addition to the above documents, the candidates are requested to bring a self-attested photocopy of the documents for submission.
Failure to produce any one of the above documents will disqualify a candidate and the name of such candidate will be dropped from the list.
- The requisite fees to be paid (by demand draft only, drawn in favour of ALIAH UNIVERSITY, payable at KOLKATA) at the time of admission are as follows:
- Candidates from Aliah University:
- Lab-based subject: Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten thousand only)
- Non Lab-based subject: Rs. 7,000/- (Rupees Seven thousand only)
- Candidates from Other University:
(a) Lab-based subject: Rs. 11,000/- (Rupees Eleven thousand only)
(b) Non Lab-based subject: Rs. 8,000/- (Rupees Eight thousand only)
The caution money deposit may be refunded only after successful completion of the programme.
- Schedule of admission:
- Monday, 13th February, 2017 at 11:30 AM-4:00 PM (Lunch Break- 1:30 PM-2:00 PM) for Arabic, Bengali, English,History, Geography, MBA
- Tuesday, 14th February, 2017 at 11:30 AM-4:00 PM (Lunch Break- 1:30 PM-2:00 PM) for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, CSE, ECE, MEN
Venue: AUAT Office, Aliah University Newtown Campus, IIA/27, Newtown, 2nd Floor, Kolkata-700156.
Click here to view list .