Mrs Shazia Hasnain is pursuing Ph.D in Education from University of Calcutta. She has done M.A (English) and M.Ed from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad (Maharashtra); BA (English Honours) and B.Ed from Loreto College, under the University of Calcutta. She has qualified NET in Education.
Pay Scale: As per UGC
8 years +
Jan 2016-till date Assistant Professor, Department of Education, Aliah University, Kolkata, West Bengal
Sept 2014- Jan 2016 Lecturer, Royal College of Education and Research, Mira Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Nov 2013- Sept 2014 Assistant Teacher in the secondary section; Children's Academy, Kandivli, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Book Chapter publications
- Datta, P. Halder, S. and Hasnain, S. (2021). “Pre-Service Teachers’ Attitudes, Sentiments, And Concerns About Inclusive Education in India.” Inclusion and Diversity: Communities, Practices and Perspectives Across World; Cambridge Scholar Publisher (Editors: Dr Santoshi Halder, University of Calcutta, India and Prof Garry Squires, University of Manchester, U.K)
1-month (1st January- 30th January, 2021) UGC HRDC sponsored online Faculty Induction Programme from Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
2 weeks online Refresher Course (16th to 30th September, 2021) in Gender Studies (Interdisciplinary) organized by UGC- HRDC, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
Coursera- Course certificate on Teaching EFL/ESL Reading: A Task-Based Approach
- National Webinar Series (12 sessions) on “Knowledge Generation in Education during Covid-19 Pandemic- Qualitative Research” held from 1st to 6th June 2020.
- Online FDP on 'Open-Source Tools for Research' organized by Ramanujan College, NewDelhi, Sponsored by HRDC and Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching 8th June to 14th June, 2020.
- 5 days Online National Level workshop on "Applying SPSS for Educational and Psychometric Data Analysis" Organized by NPC (Agra) 17th July to 21st July, 2020
- Online Faculty Development Program on "Multivariate Analysis Using SPSS" organized by AMPGC, Varanasi and DYPIMS, Pune 23rd to 29th July 2020
- 7-day International Workshop on “Research in Social Science: Methodological Issues and Emerging Trends” Aliah University, Kolkata, 30thOctober to 05th November, 2018
- Faculty Development Program, Department of Management, Aliah University, Kolkata [12.07.16-20.07.16]
Presentations in Conferences/Seminars (International and National)
- Hasnain, S. & Halder, S. (2021). Higher Education students’ emotions and anxiety during the Covid 19 pandemic. 5th International Conference on Covid-19 Studies. September 24-25, 2021, Ankara, Turkey. (online)
- Hasnain, S. & Halder, S. (2021). Task based Language Teaching: A Learner centred approach for improving English Language proficiency. International Multidisciplinary Conference on Recent Developments in Commerce, Management, Education, Humanities & Social Sciences (IMCRD VIRTUAL-2021) August 27th & 28th, 2021; Organized by Barkatullah University, Department of ommerce, Bhopal, M.P. in collaboration with Inspira Research Association, Jaipur, Rajasthan. Received Best Paper presenter award (3rd position).
- Hasnain, S. (2018). Peace Education for the Well-Being of the students. 2 days International Seminar-28th and 29th December, 2018, organized by Dept of Education, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Hasnain, S. (2018). Integration of culture in Education- Need of the hour. 2 days National Seminar on ‘Education and Culture’ on 4th and 5th April, 2018. Vivekananda College for Women, Barisha, Kolkata.
- Hasnain, S. (2018). Status of Women’s’ Education in India- How far Inclusion has been achieved? International Seminar on Social Inclusion in Education, 17th and 18th February, 2018. El Bethel College, Kolkata.
- Hasnain, S. (2016) Research Paper titled ‘Psychology of “wellness”: a comparative study between rural and urban students.’ published at ICSSR sponsored National level Seminar on Challenges in Indian Education in 21st century organised by Department of Education, Budge Budge College, Kolkata. [ISBN no. 81-89169-60-2] [March 2016] [Pg no.413-23]
- Hasnain, S. (2017) Research Paper titled ''Sustainability through Environmental Education: Importance in Teacher training Programme'' published at UGC sponsored National Seminar on Mission Sustainability: Through Environmental Education organized by department of B.Ed, Uluberia College, Howrah (West Bengal).[ ISSN no.978-81-928627-5-0] [ March 2017] [pg no.53-56]
- Hasnain, S. (2019).“Online learning: Accelerating the Pace of Education” Conference proceedings- Emerging trends in Education by Department of Education, Aliah University. 2019, ISBN-978-93-87229-12-9, 150-155
- Hasnain, S. (2019). “Total Physical Response- A Strategy to Enhance English Language Learning,” ABS publisher, 2019, Vol-2, 978-93-87229-14-3, 57-63
- Hasnain, S. (2019). “Women Mathematicians in the 18th and 19th Century.” 1st Workshop on ‘Mathematics for All’, March 2019, 978-81-929219-6-9, pg-31-36
One day workshop
- One day e- Workshop on “Qualitative Research Methodology and Anti-Plagiarism Software”, organized by B.R. Ambedkar Central University, JNU (25th May, 2021).
- One day workshop on “Awareness of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace.” Organized by Department of Management and Business Administration and Internal Complaints Committee, Aliah University (5th August, 2020)
- One day National Workshop on Plagiarism and Academic Integrity (31st August, 2019). Organized by St Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata.
- One day Symposium on 21st Century Transformational Teaching Methods and Standards, organized by Asian College of Teachers, Kolkata (13th April, 2019).