Dr. Alam is currently working as an Associate Professor in the Department of Management and Business Administration. She joined on 02/02/2016.
Field of Specialization
Human Resource Management
Management and Soft Skills
Alam, P.A. (2015) Reward and Recognition in Indian Industry in Emerging Dimensions of Human Resource Management, Research India Publications, Delhi, pp 93-104.
- Editor, Conference Proceedings, International Conference on Management and Business Practices - (ICMBP) 2017; Millennium Management Paradigm and Contemporary Business Practices at Aliah University, Kolkata (ISBN 9789383463305)
- Editor, Special Conference Volume, Kindler XV(1) (ISSN: 0973-0486)
- Editor, Kindler – the Journal of Army Institute of Management Kolkata (ISSN: 0973-0486) from 2007 till February 2016)
Invited talk at UGC sponsored National Seminar on "Strengthening Human Resource Management System for Sustainable Growth", organised by Prabhu Jagatbandhu College, Jhorehat, Andul-Mouri, Howrah; 16-17 December, 2016.
Other Notable Activities
TRAINING PROGRAMMES CONDUCTED:
- Programme Director for a Management Development Programme on “Soft Skills for Managerial Effectiveness” organised by Army Institute of Management Kolkata
- Specific HR-related courses in the Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM), IGNOU at Command Hospital, Kolkata
- Soft Skills Training Programme for WBIDC, Kolkata. Topics covered: “Interpersonal Skills” and “Communication with Customers”
- “General Management and Communication Skills” forthe Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Kolkata (Study Centre: Ahmed Management Technologies Pvt Ltd)
- “How to Map Employee Competence for Managing Human Resources” for Indian Institute of Port Management, Kolkata
- “Role Effectiveness in Service Industry” for WEBEL (West Bengal Electronics Industry Development Corporation Ltd, Kolkata)
- “Inter-personal Communication” for Development Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- “Development of Communication Skills” in Office Staff Refresher Course organized by DC Centre for Continuing Education – the training wing of Development Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- “Orientation Course in Computers” for IEI (The Institution for Engineers India), Kolkata